Is your pool a little lackluster? With more Americans spending time at home these days, having a backyard pool is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise at the same time—but if you don’t enjoy looking at your pool, chances are you won’t enjoy swimming in it quite as much.
Updating your aging pool can be as simple or as involved as you like, whether you opt for a simple resurfacing or go with a remodel of the entire backyard. Here are some of our clients’ favorite pool renovations in Clearwater, FL:
- Pool resurfacing: Eventually your pool’s surface will crack and fade, no matter how well you take care of it. Resurfacing fixes the pool’s interior with a sturdy, durable and slip-resistant coating in your choice of color.
- Add decorative tiling: While you’re resurfacing the bottom of your pool, why not add decorative tiling for a bright new look? It’s a great way to add a pop of color or bring out elements from your home’s architecture.
- Install diving boards or slides: Pools are fun without extra features, but if you have kids, installing diving boards and waterslides are a must. Your kids will be excited to learn new tricks on the diving board or slide, and you’ll have fun playing with them—it’s a win-win for everyone!
- Add a water feature: Fountains and waterfalls are pretty, soothing features that you can enjoy whether you’re in or out of the pool.
- Redo the coping: Coping is the term for the “frame” around your pool. Over time, these tiles or cement can get cracked or damaged, especially if you use your pool frequently. Installing new coping can completely change the look of your backyard and pool.
- Upgrade your equipment: Technology has changed over the last few decades, so if your pool is still using the same heater, purification equipment and pump, you have much better options now. Energy-efficient technology will save you money over the long term, and is much better for the environment.
- Use smart technology: Speaking of technology, the future is here—you can control your pool’s mechanical equipment right from your smartphone or tablet. Automate everything from the filter and the pump to the lighting, the fountains and the water heater. This allows you to control the pool from anywhere in the world, as well as set an automatic schedule for any maintenance actions.
- Upgrade your lighting: Finally, upgrading your lighting is a great safety and aesthetic feature. Ask your remodeling contractor about what they recommend, including energy-efficient smart lights to go with your new technology.
Making updates to your aging pool is a great way to add new life to your backyard, and will help you get more enjoyment out of your outdoor space. For more information about pool remodeling in Clearwater, FL, as well as for information about financing options and more, reach out to the team at Bikini Pools of Florida, Inc. today. We look forward to working with you soon!